Earlier I was trying to pass around the reference to rawset where it would be called by an iterator with the form: rawset(some_table, k)

Essentially:

some_iter(some_table, rawset) was what that looked like.

Unfortunately it looks like rawset() doesn't like being called with its third argument being "nothing" and not nil.  Would it be possible for Lua upstream to have it instead coerce nothing to nil?  I know I can simply wrap rawset(), I just think this /should/ be allowed by rawset.

Open to suggestions, someone told me the *error* is there in place someone mistakenly typo'd and meant to call rawset() with a third arg, I disagree that this is appropriate though. ;>

Later... ^__^