On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by> wrote:
> Seriously, bmake can be compiled on Cygwin and Interix.
> So, it is definitely available on Windows.

True, it's amazing how close you (as a developer) can get Windows to
look like Unix.

But it places a big burden on ordinary people just wanting to build
the software, with the standard mingw download.

So there are three kinds of pain to be minimized:
  1 original developer
  2 anybody wishing to patch and modify
  3 users just wanting to build

Generally, we expect (1) to take some extra pain so that (3) is
happier. After all, we _do_ want software to be used ;)

steve d.