On 13/07/2012 21.00, Florian Weimer wrote:
I've often used it to check files and I often got a negative
>result. Sometimes it was a false positive by a single antivirus
>only.
It has to be a false positive with a certain level of AV detection.
It doesn't work for files with no detection.

Yes, I meant I use it when an antivirus marks a file as "bad" but I'm not convinced; so let's see what the others think. I know it's definitely not a proof, just an additional hint.

By the way, reloading the VT page, the detection ratio is now down from 4/42 to 2/42; Symantec had dropped it.

--
  Enrico