On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Nikolay Kostadinov <spior96@gmail.com> wrote:
> This would make my life so much easier. Seriously why doesn't string.match
> have a len argument? It's so useful.

Reasonable patterns can limit the length of what they match. If you
want 1 to maximum 3 space characters, you can easily do:

%s%s?%s?%s?

For more advanced pattern matching, use something like lpeg or a pcre
binding. Lua pattern matching is not intended to solve all problems.

> The page said this was the place for suggestions so yea.

What page? We aren't looking over your shoulder reading your browser.

--
- Patrick Donnelly