Thanks, it's a not perfect but very simple and useful solution.

2012/7/8 Patrick Rapin <toupie300@gmail.com>
>    I want to export some data to an Excel file, so is there any binding to
> handle xls file?

There are numerous versions for the native Excel files. Which one(s)
do you want to support ?
So it to say, if you want to export simple Lua data into a file that
Excel can read back, I would strongly suggest you to use CSV format or
similar.
This is what I normally do: write a text file with tabulations to
separate fields, and give a .xls extension to the file.
That way, double clicking on the icon opens Excel as expected and it
automatically recognizes that this is a text file (although recent
Excel releases give a warning that the extension doesn't match the
data format).