On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Shane Liesegang <shane@techie.net> wrote:
> This worked fine in Lua 5.1.5, and it works fine when I build Lua 5.2.1 in
> debug mode, but when I have a release version of the lua executable, it
> crashes on the second line with "Interrupted system call."

It would be useful to know what platform and what compiler version.

These things matter; for instance, with the clang that comes with the
new Ubuntu LTS a simple f:close() will cause a segfault on release
builds.  I haven't found any issues with gcc, however, except the new
default of 4.6 is to leave out stack frames, which caused trouble on
Windows executable builds.

steve d.