On 08/07/2012 11.03, Dirk Laurie wrote:
The people who like coercion do not use tonumber.  Their programs will
break.

The people who actively dislike it all claim to be using tonumber
anyway,  Their code won't need to change.

Is it kind to campiagn for something that will harm only other people?

:-)
I must confess my incoherency here: even if I'm mildly in favor of removing coercion, I use it. And no, my programs don't usually break... but I think code reliability has nothing to do with language features.

--
  Enrico