On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@znmeb.net> wrote:
> Actually, the real reason FORTRAN and COBOL are traditionally spelled
> with all caps is that when they were invented, most of the equipment
> only *had* capital letters. ;-)

Yes, the bad days when programmers were always SHOUTING.

I've fallen into the trap of regarding Lua string patterns as being
'regexes' but they lack certain key parts of the definition.

Personally I prefer the limitations of string patterns, and for
anything more complicated there's always LPeg ;)

steve d.