On 5 July 2012 23:56, John D. Ramsdell <ramsdell0@gmail.com> wrote:
> The following works for me in both 5.1 and 5.2.

Yes just to clarify. Neither myself, the IRC user or anyone else awake
in IRC seen the mistake in not following the manual section which I
quoted in the second message. In fact I though I had followed 5.2
pretty closely yet I do not remember seeing luaL_requiref mentioned
although I am sure it has been; also when looking for the docs on
luaopen_base etc they are not listed in the clickable function index
hence my query about not being listed in the manual.

"Why not just follow the recommendation to copy linit.c to your project,
edit the list of libraries there at will and just call luaL_openlibs in
your app?"

If your application is to work with both 5.1 and 5.2 it would still
need the same sort of modification.

Anyway sorry for the noise (again) and I will inform the user the next
time they drop in.
Liam