"Simon Orde" <sorde@gotadsl.co.uk> writes:
> You asked about libraries.  I use iup, cd, im, lfs, luacom, luagl -
> plus, sometimes, luasql, md5, and socket.  Actually, the string
> library built into lua itself is also an issue, as much (most?) of it
> presumably won't work with UTF-8.

It depends on what you're doing.  UTF-8 is a very clever encoding, and
a lot of stuff works reasonably well with it even if the code wasn't
explicitly designed to do so.

-Miles

--
The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or
fears or wishes rather than with their minds.  -- Will Durant