> And if JSON goes away, and FRDDY becomes the new thing, should lua change accordingly?

Beside the joke ("So there's JSON, someone should invent FRDDY."), there is nothing in my proposal that suggest to change Lua accordingly to JSON.
Proposal 1 is just all about defining a subset of Lua that can be easily parsed in most other languages.
Proposal 2 is just about adding a syntactic sugar to a chunk loading.
You can replace JSON by XML (or FRDDY) in my proposal :)

> Oh, and I love JSON.

I've never used it yet, but I keep it as a good potential textual data storage format :)