really, how lame can Lua be.
i cannot even download a pdf of the reference manual from the Lua website.
i did find a pdf version at:
http://www.mobileappsystems.com/support/downloads
http://www.mobileappsystems.com/sites/default/files/field/files/Lua%205.2%20Reference%20Manual.pdf

to all, so much of documentation are .chm, from the windows-3.11 decades ago, for windows systems, not linux.
many will not load correctly with windows 7.

this is a real shame, what good is a language with no reference manual and decades old .chm files?
strange but true...