>Well, I believe that "real programmers" must have no rigid mind thinking there is only One >True Syntax for languages... but I don't try to persuade other programmers that's the only >truth. ;-)

The problem that 1 based arrays are error prone and difficult the LUA-C integration…
Don't you think those are good reasons for making them a not good thing??

>I love the C syntax, but I appreciate alternatives
I only appreciate alternatives that give good things; why do you preffer DO-END (sorry about BEGIN) instead of {} ?????? your brain waste more energy for undertanding and following DO-END sequences...

>A frequently given argument is that Lua's different syntax allows the mind to recognize >immediately if you are in a Lua or a C part, and to prepare it to switch to different >programming paradigms and idiom. Particularly, when you see do / end you know you >have to handle 1-based arrays... :-)
You kidding here right? ;-)  100% nonsense...

Best,
Pat