Hi

Thanks for the feedback, I did understand that switching to a cross compiled binary would only effect my initial loading time not my execution speed. On the subject of the squishing down the original source code and using that, I have also experimented with that idea. From my experience I would highly recommend K H Mans  "Lua Src Diet", thats a very neat program and worked very well for me.

I finally got around to rewriting my Lua to C source code utility program so that it could work with either a Lua Binary or Lua ASCII script.

I got a better speed up that I was anticipating. Here are the numbers I measured on my slowish CPU/Flash Target board.

For a pretty big Lua program,

LUA Script as ASCII source  load time  = 2.4 Seconds

LUA Script as X compiled Binary chunk  load time = 0.25 Seconds

Excellent !

Jeff