On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
>> It also reminds me of the decision that web browser
>> manufacturers made when they decided to make browsers tolerant of HTML
>> that was not properly formed.
>
> XHTML was an experiment of strict-compliance.  unfortunately it died
> away and HTML5 is again in the camp of "no matter how bad, any input
> will have a valid output".  at least, the 'fixes' are strictly defined
> now
>
> --
> Javier

True. I cried when XHTML 1.0 lost the war, but HTML5 doesn't need to
mean that bad HTML has to render... not to get too off topic.

One minor follow-on point regarding Lua's string coersion:

As a beginner, I don't crave to be told that I am right when I am not.
To do so breaks a trust and is like a lie in that I can no longer
believe my own work and its results. As a beginner, I crave valid
feedback, which comes from deterministic/predictable results.

I'm now up to .03 cents. I'll stop now.

-Andrew Starks