On 2012-06-09 23:40, Peter Cawley wrote:
> The auxiliary library function luaL_loadbuffer covers exactly this
> use-case. Either call it directly, or consult the Lua source code to
> see how it implements a reader.
Thanks, Peter.

I should have been a bit more precise about my use case. I'm trying to
use the reader for the preload mechanism in Lua, not just execute a
chunk for a call. I see lua_load() (called by luaL_loadbuffer as well)
in the call stack, so I guess I'll dig a bit into the code to see how
this can be leveraged for 'require' and 'dofile'.

The implemented reader (getS) gives me a good idea already.

Thanks again,

// Oliver