What's the usual way to deal with the user changing their scripts in an app with embedded lua scripting? I presume I really have to reset the lua state in some way, so any functions that were defined (or variables) that they no longer want are removed correctly?

Is there an accepted way to retain values of the items that they did leave, to help with the case of a simple change, like to a calculation?

And then is it usual to reset and rebind all external class/object bindings, or is a 'soft' reset possible?

Bruce