function clockprinter(name, period)
  while true do
    print(now(), name)
    wait(period)
  end

go(clockprinter, "T O C K!", 4)
go(clockprinter, "...tick...", 1)

We aimed for a concise syntax and generalizable capability. The default scheduler is driven from a timer, but other schedulers can be created and driven arbitrarily. Coroutines can be scheduled against timeouts or string-identifed events.

It should be easy to implement this on top of an arbitrary event loop.
I can turn this into a stand-alone module if there is interest.