On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Fabien <fleutot+lua@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it will remain a non-issue in Lua: heavy computations tend to occur
> in C, not in Lua.

LuaJIT can provide the speed without need for dropping down to C, so
this isn't entirely true.  Even then, it's probably easier to let a
separate process do the heavy work, with callbacks generated by any
output, which can then be used to drive coroutines.

There's a lot of interesting work already done in this area; probably
ripe for consolidation. I found myself doing this kind of thing with
winapi, and then the bell started ringing:  another wheel was being
re-invented.

steve d.