On 05/02/2012 06:36 PM, Josh Haberman wrote:
Lua appears to have no literal substring match (find, match, and gmatch
all take patterns), and also no function for quoting a string into a
pattern that will match that precise string.  So there seems to be no
way (short of implementing your own pattern quoting) to do a literal
substring match in Lua.  Am I missing something?

OK, I'll take this one, assuming that I'm not misunderstanding the
guestion.

The pattern can be a literal string - either that or nobody has really
needed an exact literal string match ever and this issue has gone
undetected.

Ralph