[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- From: Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@...>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:26:19 +0200
Laurens Rodriguez wrote:
> My repository can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/ex/love
> was aiming for the "beautiful parts" (T)
> I hope the game Lua community could give me some ideas and things they
> would like to see in Killa 0.2 and hopefully find some users
> interested on using it.
I heartily approve of this post.
1. Laurens is totally open about what other language sits behinds his
ideas (not trying to surreptitiously smuggle bits of Python/ Ruby/
Perl/ Haskell/ Smalltalk/ Erlang/ C++ etc into Lua).
2. He has already made available a working version of the current
prototype (not trying to get the Triumvirate to do it).
3. He has created something he likes for his own pleasure like a true
artist (not trying to impose his computerlinguo-political views
on the rest of the community).
For myself, I have only one problem.
Syntax rules my thinking.
When I the words out of one language choose, but the syntax of another
language use, feels it to me more if my think-work in that second language
done is, even looks it with the first eye-upbeat like a sentence which in
the first language written is.
But I can see that anybody who already has a working knowledge of