> If you add an additional comma on line 3, the script runs without error :
>  self.model():show() =>  self:model():show()

Sorry, I wanted of course to write a colon, not a comma !

For the record, the printed result with the correction is :

internal value
something something pseudo class proxy whateva!

Instead of:

lua: loader.lua:24: attempt to index local 'self' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        loader.lua:24: in function 'model'
        loader.lua:3: in function 'execute'
        loader.lua:20: in function 'control'