On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 00:11, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that appears to work.
>
> It also looks like the "mode" string for symlinkattributes will return
> "link" for symbolic
> links, so that would probably be simpler (and more self-documenting.)

Ah, did I miss that or is it not documented?

>> Still is there a way to open the link itself instead of the file it points to?
>
> Just curious, why would you want to do that?
>
>  - Jeff

I'm iterating a filesystem recursively, comparing backups to the
original files to verify integrity. Following links means potentially
getting stuck in a loop (as I found the hard way). The backups are
made with rsync, preserving links, so I think it should be enough to
verify the links themselves (i.e. ensure that the link points to the
correct file).

--
Sent from my Game Boy.