I don't have a patch, but I recently manually merged in 5.1.5 with
LNUM for LuaCocoa. I haven't done heavy testing with it yet. And
unfortunately, you'll also get the new Obj-C native exception handling
stuff I added, though it should be pretty benign, especially if you
don't turn on the #defines to compile with it. It's probably not too
hard to pull out either. The scariest changes are in ldo.c, but they
aren't that bad and probably easy to revert.

The LuaCocoa repo with these changes can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/ewing/luacocoa

If you want to see the clean change history for the Obj-C stuff so you
can rip it out, you can see this clean repo:
https://bitbucket.org/ewing/lua-5.1-native-objective-c-exception-handling-mechanisms-for/overview

--
Beginning iPhone Games Development
http://playcontrol.net/iphonegamebook/