----- Original Message -----
> It was thus said that the Great Robert Virding once stated:
> > This is why I have difficulties in grasping some things in Lua
> > which are
> > undefined and that you can't always see that you have done
> > something
> > illegal. It is entirely foreign to my way of thinking. And, IMAO,
> > detrimental to writing good code. :-)
>
>   How much C programming do you do?  Because C is full of undefined
> behavior.

I have done a lot of C programming, mainly implementing languages, amongst them Erlang. So, yes, I know of C's undefined behaviour, but that doesn't mean I approve of it and wish to see undefined behaviour in other languages. Those most likely to get hit by it are those who can least defend themselves.

Robert

P.S. I tend to avoid calling myself "the Great" as it seems a little pretentious, which I am not, and tends to put people off. Also there is the discussion whether it should be "the Great Robert Virding" or "Robert Virding the Great". You favour the first?