> Ok then I have to compare my changes with those as well. Are you
> planning to release a patch for Lua 5.2?
I don't currently have plans to release a patch, but only because we
haven't made the move to 5.2 so I haven't ported it yet.

I will say a patch against 5.2 should be a bit shorter since OP_EXTRAARG
should make avoidpseudo (one of the more complicated pieces of logic in
the patch) simpler, but beyond noting that difference, I haven't looked
into what other changes would be involved in a 5.2 port of my patch.

> Adding breakpoint instructions was "must have" for our project, because
> the standard debuggers for Lua were just too slow (that means their
> impact on the runtime was too heavy).
Yep, that was our finding as well. The performance difference between
opcode patching breakpoints and any of the line/count hook based methods
is ... dramatic for an app than runs as much Lua as Lightroom does.

DT