chris <csrl@gmx.com> writes:
> I would be interested to understand the intended purpose of the
> length operator for tables then.  As I see it, you have to know that
> the table is a sequence in order to find the length operator useful.

Yes (but of course, it's the usual case that one does know how one's
data structures are structured ... :)

> If you know it is a sequence, that means you could have already
> tracked the length manually

Sure, you _could_, but why would you want to, when the # operator does
the right thing, and is more convenient (and in many cases more
efficient)?

-miles

--
"Suppose He doesn't give a shit?  Suppose there is a God but He
just doesn't give a shit?"  [George Carlin]