Hi,

I'm using the "latest" LuaJIT implementation (2.0.0-beta9+hotfix1) to implement a basic http server for internal needs. It makes use of FFI to read from a socket and walk through a buffer used to hold the data. When compiling LuaJIT with assertions (in 32bits mode at least), an assertion fails when repetitively connecting to the http server:

luajit: lj_record.c:108: rec_check_slots: Assertion `((((((tr))>>24) & IRT_TYPE) - (TRef)(IRT_NUM) <= (TRef)(IRT_INT-IRT_NUM)))' failed.

Using valgrind (and compiling LuaJIT in both valgrind mode and sysmalloc), it doesn't show any issue in the code, however adding additional debug statements (using print) shows that it seems related to the dynamic of the program: the more print statements I add, the less often the assertion fails.

I would appreciate any hint on how to debug this.

Best regards,

Renaud.