On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 14:17, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:47:04AM +0400, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
>> Often, when I search for Lua API calls, Lua manual is not even on the
>> first page.
>>
>> For example: https://www.google.ru/search?q=lua_rawset
>
> What, you mean you don't just have a bookmark to the index page on Lua's
> website? :)
>
>> Perhaps some SEO is in order?
>
> Search Engine Optimisation, otherwise known as Search Engine Abuse.  I'd
> rather see this not happen.

Erm. SEO is neutral term. You may use it for good as well as for bad
:-) But okay, I'll rephrase:

Perhaps make manual's HTML more google-friendly? :-)

For example, I think that this:
<h3>...<code>luaL_argcheck</code>...</h3> should harm the search. It
should be better to leave just <h3> with proper CSS to make it look
nice.

(Note that it is better to consult someone more knowledgeable than me,
tell me if it is needed, and I'll arrange that.)

Alexander.