On 4/12/2012 12:51 PM, SAN THO wrote:
    I was looking for a multi line string search for a specific
pattern,
Following is an example :

    local str="this is sample text with lots of symbols
[test]<test>*test* and it's multiline too [10,000 words]"
    local pattern=<test>

how do i find the pattern in this case ?

I think it is important that you try to solve the problem first, then we'll help you along if you get stuck. Show us what you have done or attempted.

Now, assume you want the location of the match. For that, you need to use string.find. Please read the reference manual for string.find very carefully and attempt a simple test example.

If the test does not work, please post your code to the list and we'll help from there.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)