On 4/8/12 11:14 AM, David Hollander wrote:
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Petite Abeille<petite.abeille@gmail.com>  wrote:

Ah, yes, also worth mentioning… lua byte code is not portable across platform, nor major version… hand crafted byte code can abuse the vm in unexpected ways...

I just wanted to add that LuaJIT's bytecode format obtained via
string.dump is portable across platforms, although I believe the
format is substantially different from luac.

Wondering what stops reference lua from doing the same?