Thanks to all who replied.  I think I will put my stuff on github,
keeping it locally in subversion.  So I maintain two versions which I
will sync from time to time.  The chance to get bug corrections back is
worth the effort.

Building a community around these modules is not strictly a goal,
getting feedback definitely is.  Some of them duplicate what is
available in already existing modules, but so what ;)

- luamotif:  OpenMotif binding (see http://www.vnode.ch/lua_gui)
- luanet:  Network access
- luapgsql:  PostgreSQL client
- luasqlite:  SQLite3 client
- luajson: JSON interface
- luahdf:  ClearSilver interface

When I put the stuff online, I will post a notice, in case anyone is
interested.