[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua 5.2.1 (work1) now available
- From: Miles Bader <miles@...>
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 10:52:14 +0900
Roberto Ierusalimschy <email@example.com> writes:
>> Could this extreme "chunkiness" of allocation have some adverse impact
>> on 5.2 that it didn't on 5.1.4?
> Can you send the code?
Hmm, OK, download these files (probably need about 1GB+ of disk space
with everything unpacked):
[Please tell me when you've downloaded these, because I want to delete
the huge scene tarball...]
(1) Unpack tarballs:
$ tar xzf snogray-0.5.2-86-g0a16df5-gc-debug-20120401-0.tar.gz
$ tar xzf gc-debug-pbrt-scene-sanmiguel.tar.gz
(2) Configure, explicitly giving it a Lua source tree to compile from:
$ cd snogray-0.5.2-86-g0a16df5-gc-debug-20120401-0
$ ./configure --with-lua-src=/usr/local/src/lua-5.2.0
(3) Make sure the SWIG interface isn't regenerated, because current
versions of SWIG don't support Lua 5.2[*]:
$ touch snograw_lua_wrap.cc
(5) Run it on the accompanying scene file, using the "--no-force-gc"
option to prevent the loader from calling collectgarbage.
[Additional options that affect GC usage are "--gc-stemul=SETMUL"
$ ./snogray --no-force-gc -n1 -s100 -Spath /usr/local/pbrt-scenes/sanmiguel_cam14.pbrt /tmp/xx0.tga
* force-gc disabled
* gc params: stepmul = 200, pause = 200
* verify gc params: stepmul = 200, pause = 200
* loading scene file "/usr/local/pbrt-scenes/sanmiguel_cam14.pbrt"
* current Lua memory usage: 0.4 MB
[*] Hopefully the next release of SWIG will support Lua 5.2; the patch
exists, but hasn't been committed yet.
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."