[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Lua Workshop 2012
- From: Steve Litt <slitt@...>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:29:50 -0400
On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:25:08 +0200
Marc Balmer <email@example.com> wrote:
> Am 03.04.12 20:40, schrieb Wesley Smith:
> > Whatever happened to the idea of holding it in Boulder?
> > wes
> Holding it in the US is a no-go for, well, at least me. I would
> prefer to hold it in a free country.
While I understand your sentiment, as an American I take issue with
your characterization. Why don't you rephrase it as:
1) A country where foreigners don't get arrested for copyright
2) A country where foreigners aren't scrutinized for the patriot act.
3) A country where someone who gets hit by a car and requires
hospitalization won't be bankrupted.
Every country has its problems, and no country is entirely free, but the
US is hardly North Korea.