On Mar 29, 2012, at 12:11 AM, steve donovan wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Graham Wakefield
> <wakefield@mat.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>> Libuv is pretty nice I have to say, and offers everything you're looking for AFAICT (including working on Windows). It also doesn't have to take over the main thread loop, so can be integrated with mainloop-hungry GUI APIs.
>
> It's useful to be reminded of this, because in the joy of creation I
> get carried away and reinvent wheels ;)
>
>> I guess I should put this code somewhere for people to look at - but would need to clean it up first...
>
> "Release early, release often" ?
>
> steve d.

Well in the spirit of 'share early in the hope of continued development', there's something here: https://github.com/grrrwaaa/luauv

More at proof-of-concept stage than anything else, but the async file open/read/write is working smoothly.
Not 100% sure I have the write interface for timers, and no networking or anything like that is even touched on yet.