Hello,
what is the suggested way to exploit a multicore cpu when using Lua?
Is Lua-Lanes the suggested way to do so ?
The problem with that is: our codebase doesn't rely on it, and this doesn't seem to be a swap-in replacement.

The ideal scenario I had in mind was the ability to have a modified LuaVM that bundles LuaLanes behind the scenes, making it invisible
to the developers. Legacy code would not need any modification (calls to coroutines stay unmodified): the VM transparently
wraps those calls and redirect them to the appropriate LuaLanes calls. Is this reasonable ? Does this "LuaLanesVM" exists already ?

Are there other ways to exploit multicores ?

Thanks for your comments.

Valerio