On Mar 28, 2012, at 16:22 , Pierre-Yves Gérardy wrote:

> I just found this on Hacker News
>
> https://gist.github.com/2211379
>
> It relies on an FFI library, altough I don't know if it is the one
> from LuaJIT, James McKaskill's, or both (since they are mostly
> compatible). I didn't test it (no Mac at hand).
Excellent find, thank you.
I did play a little with it and made a quick non-global polluting variant[1] that can be used from plain LuaJIT2 on OSX. The original code did not load the required frameworks and libraries. I managed to get it to speak a sentence using NSSpeechSynthesizer[2]. I will clean up the code a bit and refine this as a module for LuaDist.

pd

[1] https://gist.github.com/2230605
[2] https://gist.github.com/2230675