Behalf Of Gaspard Bucher
> Sent: woensdag 28 maart 2012 18:07
> To: Lua mailing list
> Subject: Re: Options for Asynchronous Callbacks
>
> Some of you who attended the Lua Workshop might know of my struggles to
> use one of the proposed models here (mutex based locking) and that I
rewrote
> all the code in lubyk to use coroutines and sockets.
>
> Blog post on the different architectures: http://lubyk.org/en/post381.html
>
> I first chose the "many threads with a global lock" architecture because
it
> does not require any central scheduler or event loop and because it seemed

> very easy to use. Blocking sockets ? add a thread. Callback based API ?
add
> a thread. GUI ? add a thread. You kind of understand the song here.

Gaspar,

Your post mentions the global lock approach and the coroutine approach, but
did you also try the Python GIL model as mentioned by Mike;
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2005-08/msg00571.html ? Or even better,
that model without the bytecounter (to reduce sync issues to the coroutine
level)?
If so, what where your results?

Thijs