On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Mike Pall <mikelu-1203@mike.de> wrote:
> Coda Highland wrote:
>> On the other hand I made a new project that links to -lluajit without
>> any other non-default project settings and it didn't crash, so it's
>> obviously a build setting issue... the question is, what? I don't have
>> the experience with this kind of thing to know what might or might not
>> be influential here.
>
> I cannot possibly know. So create a new project and copy over the
> files from the old one. Problem solved.

Well, for future reference, it seems that dead code stripping in
64-bit causes problems.

I reverted the build settings to defaults and started incrementally
making changes until it broke, and dead code stripping seems to be the
culprit.

Should this be considered a build flag to avoid? Or does this indicate
a problem in LuaJIT failing to make the compiler think that some code
is alive?

/s/ Adam