On 23.03.2012 09:54, Miles Bader wrote:
Philipp Janda<siffiejoe@gmx.net>  writes:
Mmapped files are a problem though (unless you don't use them in table
keys), because the contents could change at any moment.

It's up to the application-writer who hands the memory to Lua to worry
about this, though.

The application writer can worry all he wants, but he can do nothing about it. The application user has to make sure that no one writes to that file while the Lua application uses it. If user == writer, I see no problem as well.

Lua doesn't need to care.

Since the application writer will probably get the bug reports, I agree.

-Miles

Philipp