Its sad, but honestly I didn't quite get the point. Nowadays (at least
on Linux) there are very few things you couldn't do in a userspace
process. This includes User space drivers. The only thing you can't do
is interrupt handling, and I don't believe that an interrupt handler
is one the things you would have Lua in it anyway.

> I don't know enough about BSD or kernels to do such a thing, but I did
> think it was a really interesting project. In theory you could have a
> whole OS written in Lua, save for some C code to provide interfaces to
> the hardware...

That would be a Mach kernel, where the other drivers being infact
processes would be coded in Lua.
PS: Please don't say three times Beattlejuice and have that "Lua OS"
guy popping back.