On 12-03-13 8:34 PM, "Steve Litt" <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

[ Lots of interesting discussion around xterm UIs snipped ]

>If we were to complete this thing, we could make money with it. In the
>past I've been called in to make a quick (five days) prototype of an
>app that their "real programmers" were going to take months to
>complete. My ego was bruised, because they always replaced my
>"prototype", but I laughed all the way to the bank.

For this type of UI development/design work you might want to take a look
at Crank Software's Storyboard Suite:
 http://www.cranksoftware.com/storyboard

It is an application UI development environment based on using graphic
content rather than widgets and uses Lua for all of the glue and system
logic.  Easy to prototype, easier to deploy and cross platform too!

>By the way, does anyone know if Lua has a built-in nCurses module? That
>would help to some degree.
>
>And one more thing Bernd:  I'm not laughing!
>
>Thanks
>
>SteveT

Thomas ... full disclaimer, I work for Crank Software