hello Alek

Thanks very much for the reply and taking the time to include a real example. It works great and your explanation is very clear too, they should have got you to write the docs for the lsqlite3 binding :)

My original more complex example had lots of columns so I was trying to use the bind_values for that reason, but that doesnt lend itself to my real example where there are also blob columns. I have decided to use the method in your solution, bind() and bind_blob(), its clear to follow just it now streches over a few more source lines, no big deal.

The missing finalize and error checking was just due to me snipping the problem down so I could post a concise version in the forum, having said that I had got the prepare line wrongly inside the loop in my original version, thanks for pointing that out.

Regards Geoff