It does not allow the use of QThread (yet). However, if I handle the
threading issue, I will definitely think about enabling QThread. Even
if I do not allow the creation of threads, I will need to handle
access from other threads. I was not aware of the problems with
QFileSystemModel, so I'll check it.

I believe we discussed this about half a year ago... the problem was that QFileSystemModel appears to use threads internally and therefore nearly always crashes Lua in unpredictable ways.