A proper equivalent the C-preprocessors "#line" capabilty would solve
or "outsource" all this problems including personal tastes on commas
and what so ever, as it would allow you to write you own preprocessing
language without losing to debugability. I'd prefer something that
would even allow to tag tokens rather than just lines. I guess this is
a rather leightweight patch to lua*, so when I get some time and
leisure for that, I'd come up with a prototype.

*(contrary for example to immutables which would be pretty hefty :-)