On 09/03/2012 3.59, KHMan wrote:
On 3/9/2012 10:29 AM, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
On 17/02/2012 10.41, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lua 5.1.5 has been frozen and is now available at
http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.5.tar.gz
[snip]
[snip]
It doesn't compile for me under Windows XP SP2 + mingw GCC 4.5.2:
the problem seems to be the "comment" at line 51 of in src/Makefile:

# DLL needs all object files

it isn't recognized as such and it causes an error when make
processes that line.

Agree it's a location best avoided.

Windows XP SP3 / mingw GCC 4.5.2 / make 3.81 / msys+mintty worked for me
for Lua 5.1.5. Samples:

$ gcc -v test
gcc.exe: test: No such file or directory
Using built-in specs.

$ gcc -v "# test"
gcc.exe: # test: No such file or directory
Using built-in specs.

$ gcc -v # test
Using built-in specs.

If gcc didn't see the comment, then maybe bash did it in, or the startup
code? I'm on msys bash 3.1.17(1).

And it seems that Windows shell doesn't like it: one of the errors
spit out by make during (failed) compilation is:

gcc: #: No such file or directory

Probably I should have added that I used TDM-mingw under plain windows shell (no MSYS layer) - so probably is a Windows shell issue (BTW for Windows '#' is no special char, it can be part of a regular file name).

-- Lorenzo