On 09.03.2012 02:51, Peter Drahoš wrote:

On Mar 9, 2012, at 01:00 , Christopher Berardi wrote:

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 11:51:37AM +0400, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
...but, really who in the right mind would consider anything but
GitHub for source code hosting nowadays?).
Agreed, I don't mind projects using other hosting but mirrors would be excellent to have for backup and as a channel for pushing changes downstream. I encourage using GitHub because it is convenient and well suited for the purpose. Additionally it would give Lua presence among other open source projects and languages [1].

+1: It would be great if more projects have synced clones and eventually issue trackers at github/bitbucket just for the sake of lowering barrier for community contribution. IMHO, It is not git itself, but the "fork/pull requests", "inlined comments on commits", "all forks graph", "issues" and "wiki" are the features that actually accelerates contribution activity for the projects.

I prefer Mercurial on daily basis, but I am very grateful to github for their lead role in that mini-revolution in the open source - just recall old sourceforge hegemony years :-(