On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:40:14 -0500
Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Benjamin Ong
> <human_pitchpipe@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > but this executes the call in a system shell, not the current shell.
>
> the current shell is busy executing the Lua interpreter

Benjamin,

I have needs like this every once in a while, and in Linux it's
somewhat tricky. A called program can't "reach back" and change the
environment of the caller under normal conditions. But I've found there
are many, many ways to do whatever you want to get done. Can you tell
us what you're trying to accomplish?

Thanks

SteveT