On 6 March 2012 15:26, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, but since Lua is nowhere even near Open
> Development, what'd you expect from GSOC?

I don't think anyone is proposing any of the projects involve
development of Lua itself. Though that isn't out of the question,
since there is no obligation to use code produced by a student under
GSoC (e.g. it could be an experimental project in nature).

However there is a large base of open-source projects and libraries
around Lua that would all collectively benefit from some organisation
here. PUC-Rio is in a good position to be this organisation, that's
all.

Regards,
Matthew