> As for Cynthia's question about default COW for tables, I think that
> would lead to confusion in the long run. For one thing, the standard
> table functions would have to be made aware of these tables.  You
> would find it eventually hard to explain your programs to yourself,
> let alone someone else.

I also don't fully got it, what Cynthia is aiming at. However, if you
think of "everything is copy on write" (except some cheating) it would
be similar for the extensive immutables thing I was just advocating.
If the whole project is structured that way, and its explained it
works like that, its would be OK IMHO. But AFAIK it just isn't quite
possible to easily make this, at least not with a preprocessor, that
creates some glue code.